If you’re here, you’ve probably already read our guides on how to unlock your bootloader and install TWRP recovery. If you haven’t, you’ll need to perform both of those tasks first–this is a guide on how to use TWRP once you have it up and running. Encryption keys cannot backed up and therefore all data on MicroSD card becomes unrecoverable. If your Android device is old and you want to upgrade to newer Android OS like Android Pie 9.0 then it’s worth replacing stock recovery software for the TWRP recovery software. Just in case if you get an error message like no space. So, you will have to restart your device and delete files which are not necessary to include in backup like app data, etc. Tap the one you want and you’ll see the following screen.
- You can use the ADB commands to perform various operations on your Android device.
- Confirm the selection, and you’ll return to the Actions screen.
- The main purpose of TWRP recovery software is let you install unofficial Android OS on your device.
- It can be installing custom ROMs, CPU overclocking, rooting to gain administrator privileges and more.
- To obtain the stock boot.img stock rom file, vendor patch, etc., you must extract the stock ROM file in OZIP format.
In case you don’t know, Paranoid Android was considered one of the most acclaimed custom ROMs of all time. The development team focused on bringing a polished and refined experience while using minimum resources. While it may not boast of the plethora of features and customization features that other ROMs offer, Paranoid Android or PA, does promise a soothing user experience overall.
To take a full backup of your device in order to restore it later, you will be required to boot into TWRP recovery. Once turned off, you will need to press power key and volume up key until your phone vibrates. Doesn’t know how to do it, then follow our easy guide on how to boot Huawei phones into TWRP Recovery. This process will delete your text messages, contacts, settings, and just about everything else. The files on your device should remain, but it’s a good idea to back them up anyway.
The tool is designed to be used on computers to flash firmware, custom ROMs, and recovery images onto MediaTek (MTK) based Android smartphones and tablets. But tools from all these different manufacturers are only compatible with their own OEM devices. SP flash tool which is also known as Smart Phone flash tool is a cross-platform application. WE use SP flash tool for custom recovery,flashing Stock Rom and to fix the hard brick device. This a very user friendly tool.SP flash tool is designed for Flash Stock Devices.
- When chosing option 1 or 2 it is a tradeoff between how much you value the backup vs how much hassle you are willing to put up with.
- If you have a Google account, you can switch your phone by logging into your Google account and selecting “Manage devices” on the main page.
- This powers on the device but boots no software, and allows you to access a bricked device via a USB connection to your PC.
- If you have a rooted phone then you can take an android backup from TWRP recovery or use Titanium Backup.
- The tool is used to repair bricked phones and phones that are stuck in a bootloop.
When backing up and restoring an Android phone, advanced users have counted on one specific method since the early days of Android. By tapping into a custom recovery environment, such as TWRP, you can create full system image backups of your device. In this case, a NANDroid backup allows you to virtually clone your entire system and restore it precisely how you left it, and all app data is included. However, you’ll need an unlocked bootloader, a device with TWRP support, and a little know-how to make it happen.